You are welcome to submit information or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Archives Technician
Company: The Portman Archives, LLC
Reports to: Andrea Richardson, Archives Manager
Salary: $35,000 (non-exempt)
Relocation: None provided
To digitally archive a large collection of architectural drawings, catalog built and unbuilt architectural project records; and to support the greater mission of the archive.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Duties include ordering tubes of stored architectural drawing sheets from Iron Mountain storage, unpacking the tubes, inventory and organization of tube contents (the drawings), scanning of drawings, reorienting scans as needed, cataloging and data entry of drawings, cross checking against microfiche, repacking of the architectural drawing sheets into new tubes, and return of tubes to Iron Mountain storage.
- Maintain the established archiving procedures, including tracking of projects and collection image surrogates through Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Access, archived digital image scans, and Cuadra’s Star Knowledge Center for Archives (SKCA) database.
- Maintain the established archiving procedures for building project records; accurately describe and identify architectural features and elements using controlled vocabulary.
- Accurately and efficiently catalogue; identify media type, and record condition information for a variety of drawing types in SKCA (including microfiche as needed).
- Accurately and efficiently audit existing architectural drawing data, making changes as necessary in SKCA.
- Accurately and efficiently upload and record technical information for a variety of digital surrogate types in SKCA.
- Error free transfer of information during data entry; must be able to stay focused and engaged during routine and repetitive tasks.
- Provide drawing archives reference services to Portman staff and others as needed.
- Careful maintenance and proper handling of architectural drawings from unpacking of drawings stored in tubes through scanning of drawings and re-packing of drawings into new tubes.
- Accurately and efficiently scan a variety of archival materials on various scanner systems; and provide basic retouching per procedures as needed.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and sensitive to the necessity of accurate record-keeping.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study or 2 years work experience in archives project management, scanning technologies, or architecture history.
- Interest in architecture.
- Experience managing archival collections in a relational database.
- Experience handling delicate, fragile, or otherwise sensitive materials including photographic materials and architectural drawings.
- Experience using archives digital asset management software such as Star Knowledge Center for Archives (SKCA), Content DM, Past Perfect, Rediscovery, Archon, Archivist Tool Kit, or ArchivesSpace.
- Experience using Adobe Acrobat Pro and Adobe Photoshop.
- Master’s degree in Historic Preservation, Architectural History, or Archives.
- 3 years with archival project management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Demonstrated work experience with database maintenance, data entry, and reporting.
- Demonstrated work experience with scanners.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to see projects through to completion.
- Ability to multitask.
- Adept at working alone on long, arduous projects.
- Regularly lifting 30-40lbs.
- Regularly lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing, and walking required.
Place of Work:
Portman Holdings Corporate Headquarters
SunTrust Plaza Garden Offices
303 Peachtree Center Avenue, NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Portman Holdings offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K plan with employer match, and a generous vacation/sick plan. Qualified candidates should send their resume and salary history to email@example.com with the subject line “Archives Technician.” Applications will be accepted until March 17, 2017, 5:00 pm.
About Portman Holdings:
Portman Holdings, LLC is a real estate development, investment and management company with an international presence and a rich history of developing premier project than spans five decades and three continents. Our founder, John Portman, pioneered the concept of architect as developer, successfully building both an architectural firm of international repute as well as a host of affiliated real estate development, financing and management companies.
Today, Portman Holdings’ multi-faceted expertise sets the standard of excellence for the development of mixed-use complexes and urban landmarks around the world. These include hotels, office buildings, retail spaces, residences, and trade marts – projects that set the standard for marquee real estate developments. For additional information, visit www.portmanholdings.com.