1. Financial Analyst
1. Financial Analyst – Development
Portman Holdings, LLC is a real estate development, investment and management company with an international presence and a rich history of developing premier projects that spans five decades and three continents. Our founder, John Portman, pioneered the concept of architect as developer, successfully building both an architectural firm of international repute as well as a host of affiliated real estate development, financing and management companies.
Today, Portman Holdings’ multi-faceted expertise sets the standard of excellence for the development of mixed-use complexes and urban landmarks around the world. These include hotels, office buildings, retail spaces, residences, and trade marts – projects that set the standard for marquee real estate developments.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Development & Vice President, Development, this position is responsible for financial modeling, project feasibility analysis, financial and management analysis supporting the pre-development, development, construction oversight activities of assigned projects and preparing investment committee presentations. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Developers by running all modeling aspects of development and acquisition projects including feasibility, investment returns, project budgets, and operating pro-formas.
- Produce market analysis, detailed forecasts of income and expense, financial structuring options and feasibility analysis.
- Compilation and maintenance of a database to track assigned geographic market performance and industry performance by sector to include:
Transaction activity and trends
Financial market trends
Land and development costs
Other government/regulatory/political issues
Track market and community leaders, issues and activities
- Work with Developers, cost-estimating firms and John Portman & Associates architects to establish preliminary pro-forma budgets used in evaluating the project to verify project feasibility. Ensure the pro-forma is updated and refined as the project progresses and make recommendations and modifications where appropriate.
- Develop and manage the project budget working with project accounting to ensure that budget and master file data have been properly established on the data processing system and that correct reports are being generated and communicated.
- Maintain and continuously improve upon functionality of Portman Holdings’ Investment and Development Budget models.
- Follow and control expenditures to ensure that projects are proceeding within budget.
- Provide project details and support in packaging projects for Portman Investment Committee, investors, lenders and joint venture partners.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & SKILLS
- 2+ years of experience with an understanding of real estate investment, development, and construction fundamentals
- Real Estate Finance, Finance, or similar field degree
- Exceptional technical skills and working knowledge of ARGUS, MS Office and Microsoft Project Software
- Exceptional analytical skills with careful attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated presence and confidence, able to interact with senior management team as well as current and potential clients
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and oversight
APPLY FOR THE POSITION
Portman Holdings offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K plan with employer match, and a generous vacation/sick plan.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Reference “Financial Analyst – Development” in the subject line of the email submission. EOE
APPLY FOR THE POSITION
This is a paid internship that will start Monday, June 4th and end date flexible based on semester start date. Qualified applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Archives Visual Materials Intern 2018” in the subject line of the email submission. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE