230 Peachtree Street, NW
Suite 1720, Atlanta
The Portman Archives’ mission is to collect, preserve, organize, describe, make available and interpret materials which document the life and architectural career of the architect John C. Portman, Jr. and promote the study and understanding of his vision and legacy.
The Portman Archives seeks an archivist to oversee arrangement, cataloging, processing, and digitization of our image collections, work with the archive team to continue our oral history project, manage and catalogue current publications and incoming publications, and to manage the archive holdings inventory.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain the established archiving procedures, including tracking of image collections, container types, collection image surrogates and born digital originals through Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word documents, Adobe Bridge, and Cuadra’s Star Knowledge Center for Archives (SKCA) database.
• Accurately and efficiently arrange, weed, rehouse, number and store collection materials.
• Accurately and efficiently create collection, series, and item level records for archival collection materials in SKCA according to established workflows.
• Maintain careful and proper handling of archival photographic materials from removal of old housing through rehousing, storage, pulling of materials for scanning and return of materials to the archive vault.
• Accurately and efficiently create, populate, and update container records in SKCA.
• Accurately and efficiently add metadata and copyright statements to digital surrogate images, duplicate, resize, watermark and prepare digital surrogates for ingest into digital asset management system using Adobe Bridge and Adobe Photoshop.
• Accurately and efficiently records and catalogues oral histories.
• Accurately and efficiently creates, populates, and updates publication records in SKCA.
• Accurately and efficiently manages existing and incoming books, magazines, newspapers, and born digital articles.
• Provides archives reference services to internal Portman staff and assists with external reference requests.
• Produces error free transfer of information during data entry, double checks work, and can stay focused and engaged during routine and repetitive tasks.
• Produces engaging and informative online exhibitions about collection holdings on the Portman Archive web site.
• Works with archive team to provide engaging walking tours of Portman projects located in downtown Atlanta.
• Must be detail-oriented and sensitive to the necessity of accurate record-keeping.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge.
• Master’s degree in a related field of study (Archives, Public History, History, Library Science, Museum Studies, or Fine Arts) or 3 years archival work experience with photographic collections and archives project management.
• Experience working with photographic, architectural, and visual materials. • Knowledge of intellectual property concerns with image collections.
• Experience working with archival collections in a database.
• Experience handling delicate, fragile, or otherwise sensitive materials including traditional photographic materials.
• Experience using digital asset management software such as Star Knowledge Center for Archives (SKCA). • Experience with DACS (2nd edition), and Dublin Core.
• Experience with using controlled vocabularies.
• Experience with audio recorders and oral history projects.
• 3 years with archival image project management.
• Experience working with archive legal issues of intellectual property, access rights, confidentiality, and security.
• Regularly lifting 30-40lbs (document boxes).
• Regularly lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing, and walking required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrated work experience with database maintenance, entry, and reporting.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team to see projects through to completion.
• Ability to multitask.
• Adept at working alone on long, arduous projects.
• Must have neat handwriting.
• Excellent organizational skills with careful attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. • Proficient research skills and digital fluency.
Company: The Portman Archives, LLC
Reports to: Andrea Richardson, Archives Manager
Salary: $40,000 to $45,000 based on experience (non-exempt)
Relocation: None provided
The Portman Archive, LLC provides an excellent compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K plan with employer match, a generous vacation/sick plan, and opportunities for professional development. Our centrally located office in the heart of downtown Atlanta offers convenient access to MARTA and other amenities at Peachtree Center, including an onsite gym.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION
Qualified candidates should send their cover letter, resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Archivist’. Applications will be accepted until Feb 22, 2019, 5:00 pm. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
2. Human Resources & Payroll Administrator
SunTrust Plaza Garden Offices
303 Peachtree Center Avenue, NE ~ Suite 575
Atlanta, GA 30303
Portman Holdings, LLC is a real estate development, investment and management company with an international presence and a rich history of developing premier projects that spans five decades and three continents. Our founder, John Portman, pioneered the concept of architect as developer, successfully building both an architectural firm of international repute as well as a host of affiliated real estate development, financing and management companies.
Today, Portman Holdings’ multi-faceted expertise sets the standard of excellence for the development of mixed-use complexes and urban landmarks around the world. These include hotels, office buildings, retail spaces, residences, and trade marts – projects that set the standard for marquee real estate developments. For additional information, visit www.portmanholdings.com.
The Human Resources & Payroll Administrator is responsible for the administration of the day-to-day operations of human resources, employee benefits and payroll. Specific responsibilities in the following areas include, but are not limited to: general administrative support, employee data management, benefits administration, payroll administration, recruitment coordination, employee on-boarding, leave of absence and worker’s compensation administration, and employee-centered program coordination. Key job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answers the Human Resources Director’s phone and greets employees and guests as appropriate while maintaining MS Outlook calendar, scheduling internal meetings, conference calls and coordinating with all parties concerned.
- Provides a broad variety of administrative tasks to include, but not limited to processing incoming and outgoing department mail, preparing internal and external correspondence (email, memos/letters, company-wide communication, etc.), verifications of employment, creating/maintaining forms and functional checklists, generating ad hoc reports, maintaining company organizational chart, etc.
- Arranges detailed meeting plans for team members, 401(k) recordkeeper, benefit broker and other carriers and vendors.
- Creates and maintains employee personnel, recruitment and correspondence files, both electronic and hard-copy.
- Documents human resources actions (new hire paperwork, transfers, terminations, salary changes, etc.) and obtains necessary signatures before forwarding to payroll for processing.
- Executes recruitment coordination to include but not limited to sorting resumes for electronic distribution, scheduling candidate interviews, maintaining recruitment filing system, maintaining spreadsheet to track and correspond updates with the appropriate hiring managers and coordinating pre-employment screenings.
- Creates and maintains a filing system for the Human Resources Director, personnel files and special project-related files.
- Conducts miscellaneous research, gathering data and statistical reports, and maintaining statistical, dashboard HR-related information.
- Frequent interface with Northwestern Benefit Corporation regarding the administration of the group health plan and ancillary benefits.
- Responds to various inquiries from employees and external government agencies and financial institutions.
- Prepares and coordinates new hire and termination benefits information with appropriate carriers.
- Performs bill reconciliation for benefit-related bills.
- Reports initial report of worker’s compensation and requests for leave of absences and maintain associated records/files.
- Assists the department with planning and monitoring annual Simply Well wellness program, open enrollment (health benefits) and quarterly 401(k) employee education initiatives/events.
- Assists the Payroll & Human Resources Manager as payroll processing back-up with the following duties.
- Responds to industry compensation surveys annually.
- Distributes manual payroll checks on a biweekly basis.
- Places monthly transportation order with Central Atlanta Progress and distributes cards upon receipt.
- Prepares department invoices and expense reports for processing via Yardi.
- Acts as Safety Warden for company and serves as a liaison with other Portman Company Safety Wardens.
- Distributes communication regarding tenant service announcements for building.
- Assists with internal event coordination, including cross-company events, monthly company socials, informal lunches, in conjunction with the Administrative Services team and various vendors and contractors.
- As a member of the Portman Administrative Services Team, oversees the pledge collection for the annual United Way campaign.
- Assists with front desk coverage on a rotational schedule. (only as a back-up)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated knowledge with ADP Workforce Now and Time & Attendance applications.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal wage and labor laws, employee. benefits plans, employment practices, and payroll taxes.
- Solid MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, InDesign, Intermediate Excel skills – formulas, filtering, macros, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to serve as a conduit for effective communication between internal departments/Portman companies while anticipating and exceeding the needs of others.
- Excellent planning, presentation and organizational skills that reflect the ability to think proactively and effectively perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and follow-through to ensure successful completion.
- Sound problem-solving skills with solid decision-making capability and emotional maturity.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion with the professional maturity to manage competing priorities while demonstrating the highest level of customer service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction and oversight.
- Ability to lift approximately 15-20 lbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Accounting, or related field.
- Experience in working with ADP Workforce Now and Time & Attendance applications.
- FPC/CPP, SHRM-PC or PHR certifications a plus.
APPLY FOR THE POSITION
For this position, Portman Holdings offers a base salary of $45,000 and an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401K plan with employer match, and a generous vacation/sick plan.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume to email@example.com. Reference “Human Resources Payroll Administrator” in the subject line of the email submission. EOE